Job Title: Occupational Therapist – Band 6
Area: Bedfordshire NHS
Job Type: Locum
Contract length: Ongoing
Job details: Occupational Therapist required:
• To provide high quality evidence based and person-centred Occupational Therapy service to adults with mental health problems living in the community.
• To provide expert advice to the Community Mental Health Team on Occupational Therapy issues and to raise the profile of Occupational Therapy approaches to care within the Team.
• To work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, to assess and treat people with mental health support needs and their carers.
• To be responsible, where locally agreed, for the care coordination of an appropriate caseload that reflects the need for specialist O.T skills. This may include setting up social care packages and provision of clinical supervision as required.
• To manage difficult clinical situations and advise occupational therapy colleagues on working with Service Users with emotional and behavioural needs. The post holder may initiate group activities within the community as necessary.
• To develop and maintain links with relevant statutory and non-statutory agencies with particular reference to day care services, user led initiatives, voluntary bodies and work, training and education services.