Job Title: Occupational Therapist – Band 6
Area: Bedfordshire NHS
Job Type: Locum
Contract length: Ongoing
Job details: OT required to support the Community Occupational Therapy service in South Bedfordshire. All referrals are for clients that are aligned to South Bedfordshire GPs within Bedfordshire. The post holder will visit clients in their home, residential/nursing homes or within the rehabilitation bedded units. Having completed a full holistic assessment of the clients needs, the post holder will then complete the following:
- Advice of the next steps, which will include:
- Ordering and assessing for and with the appropriate equipment that will support the client or carers
- Demonstrate appropriate equipment to relevant care agencies.
- Seek advice from senior staff and appropriate services as required.
- Complete the appropriate onward referrals to other relevant services.
- Provide guidance and support to junior staff members as required.
- Support hospital discharges when demand requires senior support
- Support the rehab bedded units as required.
- Review case as appropriate and within a timely manner.
It is an expectation that the post holder will hold a caseload of 20-25 cases. Working hours: Full time preferred, but part time can be discussed
Code: U. ELFTJP00007225.011001.B3566