Job Title: Senior Occupational Therapist Area: South West London Social Services Salary: up to £46,839 (Perm) up to £40ph (Locum) Job Type: Permanent or Locum Contract length: Ongoing Job details: OT required to be part of a team of Occupational […]
We need professionals with your skills so speak to our consultants today to find your next position with us.
Job Title: Senior Occupational Therapist
Area: South West London Social Services
Salary: up to £46,839 (Perm) up to £40ph (Locum)
Job Type: Permanent or Locum
Contract length: Ongoing
Job details: OT required to be part of a team of Occupational Therapists and Assistants and would be working alongside another Senior Occupational Therapist and a Team manager. The role is crucial to maintaining the day to day running of the team and the post holder would be working closely with Social work colleagues and the other teams within the Council and Health services. JD available on request.
• To assist with the efficient and effective management of a team and lead that team within a philosophy of residents taking control and making choices about their own lives to maintain their independence. Ensuring use of universal and preventative services to enable vulnerable residents to take control and make choices about their own lives.
• To support the team to deliver high quality of service, innovative and creative solutions for using personalised budgets and individual personal services for vulnerable residents.
• To support effective and efficient use of staff resources ensure the delivery of assessment and support planning for vulnerable residents using the Council’s policy in relation to assessment & eligibility and financial assessment.
• To act as a Safeguarding Adults Manager and support staff within the team to ensure the effective management of safeguarding.
• To provide guidance and support to professionals within the team and act as an exemplar of good Occupational Therapy practice. Be able to apply a robust professional judgement to practice and quality and performance activity. To contribute to the borough’s response to a major incident during normal operational hours
• To deputise for the Team Manager in their absence
The team work flexibly to manage the service, a lot of time is home working. Experience in working in Adult Social Care would be very useful. The position does not carry a caseload but this could be considered if preferred. Working hours: 36 hours per week.